Thursday, November 20, 2008

ART TO DIE FOR


Excerpt:
The small space was crammed with the pieces from the display room. Carelessly stacked they formed a jumble of glass, canvas and bronze. Quickly Marjorie shut the door on the mess; if Nathan saw the way his work was being treated he’d probably commit suicide on the spot.
“It’s okay,” she called out gaily, as she walked back to the main part of the gallery. “They’re safe and sound in the back.”
“In the back? What are they doing back there?”
Thinking quickly Marjorie said, “We’re supposed to get in some new sculptures; I’m sure Mr. Thatcher put them in the back so they’d be safe.”
“But he does remember that my exhibition is tomorrow night, right? I mean everything will be up in time, won’t it?” Nathan asked anxiously.
“Hasn’t it always been?” Marjorie said jokingly.
“No! Last year Sid canceled my exhibit two days before it was supposed to start because he said he had to play in a golf tournament in Arizona. He said my exhibit slipped his mind.”

To Purchase my novels go to www.jameszar.com and click on purchase

No comments: